William Penn owned the land in 1750
The management and Staff welcome you to the Newburg Inn Grill House & Bar, an area landmark since it’s construction in 1750. The Inn has enjoyed a long and colorful history, dating back to when William Penn actually owned the ground on which the Inn is located. He later gave the land to his sons, John and Richard. The tavern was run by Jonas Hartzell. The Inn has also served as an Indian Trading Post as well as a stagecoach stop. Newburg Inn was enlarged in 1802 and again in 1941, to it’s present size. The casual, rustic atmosphere of the Newburg Inn is somewhat a collection of furnishings gathered from auctions and private sales. The two antique chandeliers in the main dining area are from the Lerner Co. executive dining room in Manhattan. The stained glass entrance doors are from Trainer’s Restaurant in Quakertown.
From the beginning, the Newburg attitude has been . . .
“Good Food, Good Drink, Good Company.”
Private Events, Banquet Buffets
Banquet Facilities Available, Our rooms accommodate parties of 20 to 40 people privately. Our upper level is available for parties of up to 60. Special menu offered every week plus our thorough All-Day Menu and Dinner menu of Seafood, Prime Rib, steaks, chicken and pasta. Soup and Salad bar is available all day and free with any Dinner Entrees. Banquet Buffet Menus with options of Hot, Cold & Country Style Buffet are available upon request for parties, business meetings and funerals.
Happy Hour 5-7PM
Draft Beers, Long Island, Martini, Wine & Select Appetizers